Tuesday 27 January 2015

VINTAGE BOOK HAUL

 
On Saturday my family and I made the short journey to Tynemouth, for a spot of breakfast and rummage through the market on the hunt for some 78s records. We also stopped by at a vintage book shop that was hidden away amongst some beautiful Victorian houses. The Book shop was incredible, in my opinion a 'proper bookshop' I wish I had remembered my camera. Books piled up everywhere, along with creaky floorboards and that old book smell, rooms upon rooms stuffed full with every book you could ever ask for, and I headed straight towards the children section, where I happened upon these beautiful finds...


Price: £5  Date: 1977
Anyone who knows me will tell you how much I love Alice in Wonderland. When I found a whole shelf full of Alice in Wonderland I really had to restrain myself, however once I found one illustrated by Arthur Rackham (a.k.a. one of my favourite illustrators) I knew exactly which one to get.

 
Price: £ 2.50  Date: Unknown
Treasure Island has always had a special place in my heart. Fond memories of my Brother, Dad and I escaping down to the beach on an early Sunday Morning looking for treasure, smugglers and making sure we escape Blackbeard's clutches come to mind every time I pick it up to read.
 
 
Price: £5  Date: 1975
What childhood isn't complete without Winnie the Pooh and is unforgettable friends?



 

1 comment:

  1. This are so cute! I've read Alice in Wonderland around last year and I loved it!
    Love
    Pili
    pils13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed by Andy Mae Studios