Wednesday 13 January 2016

It's the Simple Things


'Simplicity is Beauty and Beauty is Simplicity, Nothing More, Nothing Less' 
-Oscar Widle

I often find its the little things that bring me the most happiness or brighten up a miserable day. The simple things I do that put my mind at rest and make me feel completely at peace.

Buying Fresh Flowers: Nothing brightens up a day or a room more than Flowers. Even going to choose flowers and spending time taking in every colour and every fragrance never ceases to put a smile on my face. 

Tea: It's my answer to everything as I'm sure it is for many others. Nothing makes me happier then somebody saying 'I'll pop the kettle on".

The Smell of an Old Book: Some people hate the smell but to me that musty dusty smell is pure perfection. 

The Sound of Rain in the Morning: It's the realisation that with miserable weather there is no need to feel guilty about spending the day inside. I can sit and spend the day drawing, reading and drinking many a large mug of tea. 

First Page of a Notebook: That first crisp, White, untarnished first page and I always making sure I write in my neatest handwriting so I don't spoil the page.

What are the little things that put a smile on your face?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed by Andy Mae Studios