Saturday 3 October 2015

Vanilla Cupcakes with Butter Icing




I like to think I'm a skilled baker and could whip you up any sort of tasty treat in a flurry of flour, but in reality my culinary skills leave a lot to be desired and by that I mean they are non existing. However I can cleverly deceive you into thinking I am a culinary genies with decorations, glitter and stars. It was my Mum's Birthday today and along with a pair of fluffy Sponge Bob PJ's I thought I would also make her some Birthday cupcakes. Thankfully on a blog you can look at the pretty photographs of the cupcakes and not know what they taste like. 
It's a simple recipe to follow and I've done it a few times now, and yet every time I pop them into the oven they don't return light and fluffy, quite the opposite I'm afraid. They do taste nice but do have a slight crunch. I did also make some shortbread biscuits which seemed to go down better than the cupcakes because sixteen biscuits were demolished in less then thirty six hours. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed by Andy Mae Studios