Thursday 19 November 2015

Little Thoughts: Why I use to Hate my Hands


I suppose disliking your hands is a very unusual part of your body to dislike, but non the less I never use to like them. I liked my nails which makes this whole hand hating thing even stranger. As I have been told on many occasion I have been blessed with long nail beds, my nails in the above photograph are the shortest they can be (did I just brag about my nails?). Anyway back to the whole hand hating thing...I suppose I've always thought I have chubby fingers and that my hands are quite manly. No idea where this came from, no one has ever insulted my hands before but never the less that thought has always been cemented firmly in my head. 

But recently I have been thinking about my hands and realised that I may hate the way my hands look however I don't dislike all the artwork I create with them. I suppose what I am trying to say is even the things you dislike about yourself all add up to make you you and without them it would be difficult to say if you would be your true self. Because without my hands a big part of my personality and who I am as a person would be missing. 

I no longer hate my hands. 

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this post, it's nice to look at what hands can produce rather than what they look like! That being said I've always hated my hands because I'm a nail biter and they tend to always look awful! x

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really lovely way to put it 'it's nice to look at what hands can produce rather than what they look like' I feel like that can be applied to so many things. x

      Delete

Blogger Template designed by Andy Mae Studios